Friday, March 6

and the winner is...

"excuse me" said Tif in her rather natty 'florence hope pinny' to used dog


"do you have a minute? i know you are sleeping but it is after 10:30am and my readers are waiting...i was hoping that you could 'spare a mo' to help me with my orla kiely grand drawing"


"what's that you say? oh, well i see...i hadn't anticipated there would be a fee involved, ummm, that's kind of awkward. i totally understand you are saving up to get your gray roots done on your wee goaty, which is a worry for an old gal like yourself, but i really don't have that sort of money available. if you don't mind 'used dog' i shall seek help elsewhere and you just go back to sleep"

a few minutes later, several willing victims were located around the shed, they are never far away on 'teacher training days'...usually found loitering close to a 'monitor' or 'tv screen'...
and so without 'further a do' and the reason why we are gathered here this morning, i give you (drum roll please) my little orla kiely prize drawing moment


first up
the tea towel...



congratulations DI!!
(excuse blurry pic, it's such a struggle to get 'quality' assistants these days)

second up
the oven mitts...



congratulations FRANCESCA!!

how terribly thrilling and exciting,
thank you for all your lovely comments, i have so enjoyed hearing your 'thrifty dream finds'...it has brightened my week and got me back into the swing of things...next week will be action packed as my wee little blog is having a birthday, it's not every day you reach the grand old age of two and i think we should mark such a miraculous event. so dearest readers if you can contain your excitement until monday i will be back at my little keyboard 'tippity tapping' away with ramblings of london, a few creations in the making, my favorite color of the mo, a birthday cake (now that sounds worrying) and to top it all a 'first for dottie angel'...so please join me in celebrating two years of 'i have no idea what i am talking about'...

she's wishing you a lovely weekend and it's good to be back in the driving seat again ~ Tif
footy note: 'lovely di' and 'lovely fran' please drop me a line with your addresses and i will 'hop skippity jump' as fast as my 40 year old legs will allow me, to the post office where your 'orla goodies' will soon be winging their way to you :)

2 comments:

Hear Me Roar! said...

I'm wiping away my tears that I didn't get to win this one (consoling myself with the thought that I have in fact won one of your drawings before); and pausing a moment to wish you a VERY happy 2nd birthday!!! Of course I credit you completetely with introducing me to the craft blog world, and convincing me to start one of my own, and I'm pleased as punch that you've kept yours up through thick and thin. I promise to begin doing better at mine, so as to make you proud. Hugs!

Francesca said...

me? is it really me? tell me there aren't 2 francescas! and the thing is...you have no idea how much i need some brand new oven mitts. i have had the same ones since we moved in 6 years ago and quite frankly, they are letting me and my kitchen down. hoorah hoorah hoorah!